8.19.2009

"Fly Me Away on an Aero-plane..."

I wanted to get my pictures of my trip to Wrangle-St.Elias up for y'all to see. I haven't edited the pictures or captioned them --- so you will see a bunch of blurry pictures and some work related pictures. No - I don't think trail counters and rutted roads are note worthy outside of my job ;)

The first day we went to Kennecott National Landmark to a scoping meeting. I am trying to learn more about contracting. We got to tour the mill building. It was awesome. To learn more about Kennecott click here: A 14 stories of Awesome!

The next day we went down the Nabesna Road to look out some future projects. Super neat.

The final day we went up in a itty bitty plane. We had some weather issues, so at one point we had to work as a "team" to find the landing strip! We went to May Creek and back to Kennecott. We had a lot more on our agenda, but the weather plus a forest fire made the skies not such a friendly place.

If you would like to learn more about Wrangle-St.Elias National Park and Preserve click here: The park is as big as Switzerland!





Until next time- Savor the Flavor and Drink the Blue Kool-Aide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home