9.23.2008

Yellowstone, Montana, Idaho, and Washington - Oh My



Today I took off from Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone. I woke to frost on my car!!! Also, while I waited for the visitor center to open so I could get my stamp (Yes, Kristen and Justine I have mad stamps now!) a stupid tourist was taking pictures of the elk -- that are in rut. When elk are in rut they are very dangerous. So this idiot gets in his car to watch two bull elk fight for a minute...then they break it up and one starts eating grass near the tourions car...well the dude uses a FLASH at the bull elk -- so the elk takes his big horns and head butts the car!!! It was crazy!!! Dumb tourion! In other news...It was super cold out this AM and I traveled through the famous Roosevelt Arch which if you don't know is an important icon in Park Service culture.


I traveled through the beautiful state of Montana today. My breath was taken away a few times by the absolute enormity of the sky. They don't call it big sky country for nothing!!! I went up and down mountains all day. Then I entered Idaho for a brief period...more of the same with more trees! I could really feel like I was moving into the Pacific Northwest. I crossed over into Pacific Time when I entered Washington State. I settled into my hotel around 330 PST. I started blogging and went to eat dinner. Right now I am pretty tired, but feel a sense of accomplishment as I have finally gotten across the country...all I have to do now is drive across one state!!! Tomorrow is Olympia. I hope to meet up with my friend Allison that lives in Portland. Stay tuned.


Here are they pictures from today:



Non-Kerouacian thoughts:


1. Being in a place that was so big like Montana made me feel very small.

2. I am getting really nervous about living in Anchorage.

3. I think everyone should drive across country at least once in their life.
4. NO speed limit is even better than 75!!!



Playlist:

1. Finally finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer

2. Started on Into the Wild -- might not keep listening to this one right now...it's kinda scaring me.
Until tomorrow -- Savor the Flavor and Drink the Blue Kool-Aide.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snugs' mom said...

bitch! You HAD to brag about the stamps, didn't ya? ;-) Beautiful photos. I'm so jealous.

12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home