10.28.2008

First Venture Out -- First Sick Day

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Ha ha. Yes, in my past this would have been directly correlated, but alas it wasn't. Friday, I went out on the town for the first time. I was really scared and super nervous, but with a little help and encouragement from some friends everything ended up okay. I went to a bar down on 5th Street called Humpy's. No, it's not what you think -- it's not named after hump back whales either -- it's named after a type of salmon. Anyways, I walk in and there are no seats at the bar so I just hover for a while downing a beer quickly. I felt like a complete dork! Just when I was about to go home, Traycee T calls me from DC, so I go outside to hear her and smoke. And right after I hang up the phone with her-- bam -- I meet some people. YAY. Anyways, they were really fun people and I had a great time.

The next day I thought - oh no I had WAY too good of a time. So I did the hang over thing, drank lots of water, eat greasy food etc. It wasn't really adding up -- a few drinks -- don't make someone this sick. When I wasn't getting any better I started to get worried. The next day same thing sick. Monday - same -- and my first sick day here. Now, I know I am getting older, but one night and a few beers does not make a 3 day hang over. I went to the doctors and they said I had a cold that has been going around, I was dehydrated and exhausted. Woohooo! How super diva of me..right? I only thought famous hollywood starlets got sick from dehydration and exhaustion. I am a SUPA STAR! ;)

Anyways, I came in for a half a day of work today. I am feeling a bit better. If I feel better this evening, I might go to pub quiz. I don't know though. I am not trying to push my luck. Anyways, the pictures above are of my office and me right before I went out for the first time.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Oh I almost forgot -- Congratulation shout outs!

Congrats to Joy and Justin on their engagement! Rawk!

Congrats to Amy and Erik on their engagement! Rawk Rawk!

Congrats to Karen on moving to the Hole! I am coming to visit girl!

Current high temp in Anchorage: 25 degrees F

CRAP! I also forgot to say -- I found an apartment! It's a two bedroom so people have a place to stay when the visit. I won't get to move in until the middle of November, but I am super excited! YAY!

Until next week...Savor the Flavor and Drink the Blue Kool-Aide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home